Care & Repair England set up the national Older People’s Housing Champion’s Network to:
- raise awareness of the scale and nature of the impact of poor and unsuitable housing on older people’s health and wellbeing
- influence decision making and bring about improvements in policy & practice
Local Champions share practice and keep an eye on the ground in their areas on housing and ageing issues, help to co-ordinate and stimulate local action and act as a source of local intelligence. Care & Repair England offers local Champions support on this.
Local Champions are: –
- East: Diane Minns (Cambridge) firstname.lastname@example.org and Peter Coeling (corresponding member)
- East Midlands: John Simmons (Derbyshire) email@example.com
- London: Ellen Lebethe (Lambeth) firstname.lastname@example.org
- North East: Alan Gowers,email@example.com Esther Salaman firstname.lastname@example.org – Newcastle Elders http://www.elderscouncil.org.uk/
- North West: Joan Rutherford (Manchester) email@example.com and Pauline Whittaker Pauline.firstname.lastname@example.org
- South East: Marjory Broughton email@example.com and Julia Pride firstname.lastname@example.org – South East Forum on Ageing (SEEFA) http://www.seefa.org.uk/
- South West: Tony Watts OBE email@example.com and Jill Turner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yorkshire and the Humber: Bill Rollinson MBE email@example.com http://www.opforum.org.uk/ and John Welham firstname.lastname@example.org , http://www.opforum.org.uk/
- West Midlands: Anne Bailey email@example.com and Sue Gillespie firstname.lastname@example.org
For details of the skills and interests of the local Champions see older-peoples-housing-champions-skills-and-interests-march 2020.
For information on the meetings of the network see Summary-of-meetings-Older-Peoples-Champions 2020.
For further information about the network contact email@example.com.