Care & Repair England with the Older People’s Champions Group has developed some resources to offer practical help for local groups act on housing.
Practical examples of local action on housing
The guides below offer practical ideas for local older people’s forums and groups who want to influence local housing policy, plans and actions.
Greater Manchester Older People’s Network:
Leeds Older People’s Forum:
- Leeds Older People’s Forum shaping a local older people’s housing strategy
- Leeds Older People’s Forum Housing Strategy: https://housingactionblog.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/lopf-housing-strategy-2017.pdf (July 2018)
Age UK London:
- Older Londoners influencing the Mayor’s housing strategy
- London Mayor’s Housing Strategy Consultation Online Survey: https://housingactionblog.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/london-mayors-housing-strategy-consultation-online-survey-november-2017.pdf (July 2018)
MRS Independent Living:
Elders Council of Newcastle:
Housing Voices – how Elders Council of Newcastle, working with Skimstone Arts and Northumbria University, have used theatre and film to engage people in later life conversations about their housing.
- Report Housing Voices July 18
- Link to film which can be used by others (July 2018)
- Resource pack Housing Voices July 18
Click here for examples of other work undertaken by the Older People’s Housing Champions Group.
Right To Manage Case Study a case study on how a group of older residents developed a right to manage company for a retirement scheme in the Wirral, North West (May 2016)
Age Friendly Street Design A practical report on street design produced as a result of work with the Manchester Age Friendly Design Group (September 2016)
Ideas for local housing action
Click here for some general ideas of what you could do locally.
Do send us details of what action you are taking on housing